Here we go.

19 November 2008

Nu Shooz

I have two pairs of shoes that do this:

Permission to buy nu shooz, Sarge?

It's just a matter of me sitting down & Zappoing. New kicks! Jam on it!

I'm still getting used to Daylight Saving Time -- every evening at dusk, I get those awful feelings of _____? I mean, I get over it, but I need sunshine! Getting home from work at dark is bogus. Every year and I will never get used to it.

Rachel Maddow is on vacation or something, she hasn't been hosting her show and she has Allison Stewart covering for her and it just isn't the same. So, I turn off the t.v. & listen to music. But, I'm tired of my jams, so I turn off the music & try to read. I want to finish the Watchmen comic (I refuse to say 'graphic novel', man!), but as soon as I get cozy and set up, well, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Anyway, I heard that the Watchmen is being made into a movie & I'm not trying to sound like a bitchy comic book purist, but I'm having a difficult time envisioning this being translated to the silver screen.

I have a black thumb of death for all plants. I've killed cacti & succulents! I've managed to keep two ferns and some plant that ATM got from his grandfather's funeral alive. I've moved them indoors and have been watering them & moving them into sunlight, but what else? What else do I need to do? Massage them? Read them short stories? Call them once a day from the office? I hope they live. That will be quite the accomplishment for me.

Me & KMHD, we love our Muy Thai kickboxing class. Despite my moaning & groaning about my aches & pains, I really do love it. It's a challenge. I do have one genuine complaint, though. The fellas, they can be annoying. I can deal with their locker room chatter, but when they are talking to me as if they're trying to holla, it's just plain annoying.
I guess this is to be expected in an enviroment that has only 2 females in it, but we've made it clear that we are there to learn & work out. This is what happens when you step out into the "real world", out of your safe inner circle, I guess.  The other day, I was trying to make small talk, so I ask one of the instructors (I know, it's an instructor! Way to be professional, dirtbag!) what he is doing for Thxgiving. "Eating with you." But, he said it with sex-eyes. Gag. I just kinda, I don't know, did nothing, but made a yuck face.  This is how it's like.  We can't even have a normal discussion with these dudes.  And they don't get that we hate this.  Don't worry (I'm looking at ATM), it is under control.  And if I ever felt weird weird, I'd totally do a jab-jab-uppercut-hook kick to some dude's face, without hesitation.  In the meantime, me & KMHD stick together!

3 comments:

Alannah said...

Allison Stewart just reminds me of MTV news from back in the day. I tried listening to the podcast of her NPR show but couldn't get into it.

I get the early darkness blahs too. Every winter! What's the deal? (seinfeld voice)

Ugh. Dudes. Makes me wish that the stink-eye really did put out a stink. That you could just blast someone with a nasty smell, like a skunk, when he leered at you. I like to just stare at them dead-eyed with no response whenever they act like that. It's very unnerving!

ATM said...

your instructors would obviously make minced meat of me. if i asked "what am i, chopped liver?" you could answer "yes, you are chopped up liver." so i can't really threaten them physically. but you can warn them that if they continue to cross lines, i'll write a scathing review in City & Town magazine! city clerks, councilmembers, mayors, etc., from marked tree to kibler will know they suck!

kmhd said...

The pen is mightier than the nunchucks.

Blog Archive